• YES!

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • NO!

Votes: 25 69.4%
  • With some modifications, Yeah!

Votes: 10 27.8%

• Total voters
Thank you Thank you Thank you!!
You have no idea the aggravation you've saved me by saving my husband from making one from scratch. :celebrate

We'll have this inside a large pen. It's perfect for starting out, which we are.
Uh oh. I just went to look at this coop. I tried going through different site portals. This is what I got.
Screenshot_20180328-083816.png

Ok, if this is the same one and if I'm calculating properly, this hen house will only hold 3 chooks tops, the run size only 4.
Yeppers. It's not large and the population on the marketing is inaccurate(as usual).
I posted it because it's the best designed prefab coop I've seen,
only because it has a decent roof, some ventilation, and the roosts are not on the floor.

We had to try several different stores in a 75 mile radius, but found one store that had 4 in stock. We bought it online for pick-up.
The deluge stopped us from getting it today; didn't want everything soaked in the bed of the truck, so we'll get it tomorrow.

It's perfect for us, since we already have one coop. The 2 coops will be enclosed within a larger, fenced chicken yard.
I'll leave the door open on this one until they roost for the evening.

My other coop has individual doors for each hen - it's a "vintage" coop we salvaged from an abandoned home place a mile or so up the road. The family which owns the place graciously gave us permission to get it.

Another family in the nearest village loaned us a gigantic trough for the chicks, and gave us good advice, pine shavings, grit, and 3 months worth of probiotics for their water. We made new friends, as we really hit it off with this couple. All we did was drop by and ask if we could look at their coops & ask a few questions. Such gracious, friendly people!

We'd never met either of these families until we got baby chicks. Isn't that amazing?
Southern Hospitality extends to so much more than just a cold glass of iced tea on a hot day! :D
I'm blessed to live around such awesome people!

I totally agree. It's way too small for 6 chickens imo, let alone eight!
Seems cruel to cramp them up so.
We've enclosed this coop inside a 24' x 24' chicken yard, along with an old vintage coop, so there are a total of 8 nests for our 9 birds.
I know they'll often share nests, so I hope it works out for us.
They're still in my house under a light, but will be out in the yard in a month or so.
I halfway expected to lose a baby bird so I bought one extra chick.
Boy, was I wrong!
They're all fat & sassy and growing like weeds! :celebrate
Once we finish the pen, I'll post pics. You do the same please? It'd be awesome to see what y'all came up with!:D

I helped my neighbor put together one of those TSC coops. I didn't say anything but at the end of the day I should him mine. He made a complete 180. Those things should be marketed as doll houses.

Back
Top Bottom