Tractor Supply's chicks?

my tsc will have chicks this year after not having them the last 2 years. yay! they will have straight run cornish, str run rir, str run ducks (they say they'll have pekin and khaki campbell), str run bantams and *assorted pullets*. can't wait.

I have ordered chicks from TSC twice and was very satisfied. They were where I got my first chickens, 3 red sex link pullets and 3 black australorp pullets. All were healthy, I just lost the last of them last November, she was five. The second time was a year after that, it was a strait run fancy bunch, they had cochins, silkies, and Polish. I was very pleased with them too. Unfortunatly, the TSC where we live now doesn't sell chicks for disease prevention or some other crap.
sad.png

My tsc is selling chicks this year and they haven't for a few years. When I inquired they could not tell what they were going to order and they would probally be straight run. They also would not tell what hatchery they were going through. Last year i got some chicks from my local feed store and ended up ordering from meyer anyways. This year I'm ordering from meyer and mcmurray. At least I will get what I want and not have to settle.

we went to rural king the other week and thats were we ended up with ours.

They were pullets, and had 4 diffrent kinds that week. the RR, buff orps, bard rocks and meat birds. the lady said that that wed (we were there on a monday) they were going to get a whole nother slew of chicks of about 8 diffrent kinds, all pullets.

You could special order through them at basicly no more than what it would cost you to have them sent directly to you.

The year before we were in toward the end of chick season and they were down to there last 50 or so. that group was straight run, no min order, a buck a chick.

Mine were 1.89 pullets that were arived the fri before we picked them up on monday. Ours were non-special order, i wanted the orps, and RR, but the wife wanted some back ones so we tosssed some of those in. I new i would have to have a min order of 25 through the mail, so 25 from the store was fine. Ive found homes for 5-8 of my chicks already, but ill keep them a bit longer before giving them to there new owners.

My local ag center puts out pamphlets from a local hatchery. You can order st. run/ pullets/ or roos, I'm still choosing to order from Ideal just because I worked so darned hard on my list and they don't have 3 of the 5 breeds I want. I may use them as a backup in case I lose any through shipping, you have to have your order in my Mar. 28 and you pick them up at the store the first week of May.

My TSC is having "chick days" from March 7 to 29. Their flyer says they are going to have lots of different varieties of chicks. Hm. A couple years ago I bought 4 st. run RIR chicks and 3 out of 4 were roosters. They were the MEANEST sobs' I have ever seen and I ended up giving them away. The one hen was also a complete witch, and my own dog finally put an end to her aggressiveness. I just wish I was the one who ate her, not my dog.
he.gif

The Tractor Supply in Howell, MI is going to have/already has straight run, pullets and cockerels. They got them from Mt. Healthy, everything is assorted so you get what breed you get. They will also take special orders, which is what I am going to do for $2-3 a bird. Since I can only have 3 here, I am ordering four, it makes sense for me rather than trying to order a small amount from a hatchery and getting a bunch of "warmers".

Back
Top Bottom