Trader Joe's Eggs?

For anyone, including me, that hasn't heard of Trader Joe's, I googled. It's a Healthy and Gourmet Store that apparently is spreading across the country as we speak. All kinds of food that they say you can't find anywhere else. The place is so wonderful that folks are lining up before they open and scarfing the shelves bare in a great rush. Ha! That ad is a bit grandiose.
On a forum called LowCarb.com I read in a TJ thread ... "I know people who prefer fertile eggs because when the zygote is formed the horomones/enzymes in the yolk, etc, are "complete".

yuckyuck.gif
yuckyuck.gif
yuckyuck.gif
I want to try this right now but I can't have a rooster
barnie.gif

Last edited:
can't get enough chicken :

yuckyuck.gif
yuckyuck.gif
yuckyuck.gif
I want to try this right now but I can't have a rooster
barnie.gif

Is there a Trader Joe's near you? If so, I'd surely give it a try. If you hatch a rooster, perhaps there's someone in an outlying area near you that could take it off your hands? I'm going to have to look for a poultry neighbor, myself. Odds are pretty good that this spring when I get my first little hatchlings from the local feed store, that there'll be a roo or two in the bunch.​

I have an egg of my own that I pulled out of the refrigerator and it is due to hatch on the 18th. So far it is coming along just like the others.

I have never heard of TJ.

Since I have been reading this thread, all I can think about is going to TJ's and getting fertile eggs.......soooo.......later this week, when I set my BLRW, I am going to fill the extra space in my bator with TJ's eggs.
idunno.gif
Why not?

I'll keep you all posted

They sell fertile eggs in my local independent grocery store, but I am not allowed to have any animals at all in my apartment, so I don't dare try to hatch them. But, I would love to.

I think Henry's, Whole Foods or any other Wild Oats store might have these fertile eggs, too.

Last edited:
I want to find someone that would take the rooster and not kill it because I get very attached to my animals
tongue.png
anyone know of someone in the bay area type place?

OK people... This is FUN. I read a thread like this last year sometime and I have shopped in TJ's since the first one opened in So. Cal (Huntington Beach) My 36 y/o son works in the Univ. store Mtg. team now and has been an employee for 15 years. He had no idea people do this and will be taking the story to his store weds. I think it's funny Thanks for bring this to the for front again.

Back
Top Bottom