Trader Joe's Eggs?

Jun 30, 2010
Is it possible to hatch chicks from fertile Trader Joe's Eggs? I heard it was if you go really early and get them! Just curious!
smile.png

Mwaaahaaaahaaaahaaaa! Is it possible, you ask?

Voila!
41679_ny_hatch_024.jpg

41679_firsttjchickearly.jpg

41679_ny_hatch_033.jpg

41679_upsidedownhatchling.jpg

41679_4chicks.jpg

The little black one is not a TJs chick, I had some other eggs in the incubator with the TJ eggs.

Three out of a dozen eggs, not bad for an $2.47 eggspermiment!

This has got to be the most intriguing thing I have ever heard of!! I just can't imagine first of all that they deliberately market FERTILE eggs, and secondly that they are able to hatch after all of the handling, temperature issues, etc. You hear so much about people ordering fertile eggs and they get nothing, but you can buy a dozen totally mishandled eggs (for hatching standards) and get a pretty good rate of hatching. Amazing!!

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

Quote:
Or, you can do it like me... get FRESH eggs from your own hens, laid that very day, and not get any of them past day 18.... I suck.
sad.png

I'm envious of everyone that HAS a Trader Joe's. On the rare occasion I travel to a city that has one, its the first place I hit - I love it.

Here's my theory why any TJs eggs hatch:

The shipper only handles eggs. Great big temperature controlled trucks. Flats and flats and flats of carefully handled eggs. Loaded and stacked using dollies, pallets, fork-lifts, etc.

Unlike USPS or UPS or FedEx. Small boxes handled individually by human beings and shipped in unrefrigerated trucks in huge stacks of boxes of other sizes. Just for starters.....

I really want to try this but I am not allowed roosters where I live so I don't want to take the risk of getting a rooster and then selling it for dinner
sad.png

You really didn't have to give Linda a reason to show off her TJ eggs again did you?
wink.png
gig.gif

I think it is pretty cool that they will hatch!
smile.png
If we had one around here I would try it but no TJ's in Utah.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom