Trader Joe's Fertile Eggs - Started 8/11/12

This batch of leghorns seems even sweeter than the last. I think it might have something to do with the cage. They're in a non-drafty spot, no cardboard walls around them, and they can see us clearly walk by all the time, and when I open the cage, they're never startled and soon as they see food or water in my hand, come running up to me. Very cute and sweet! I'm getting a totally different reaction from the supposedly docile breed in my other brooder with high walls where I have to reach down to them all the time. They obviously think I'm an Owl or hawk!

I am thinking about doing this and my interest is super peeked. Please let me who was successful and how I join?!

Anyone know if Bellingham Washington's trader Joe's sells fertile eggs?

Last edited:
Little brown sat on those eggs until every single one was hatched!!
100% hatch rate, 6 total. not bad for store bought refrigerated eggs.

I love the pic with the date stamp in it - as it turns out I did not have to enjoy by sept 6, im enjoying them RIGHT NOW

And so is my lab partner!

Is this a Welsummer bantam hen?

Hi. I'm Annie and my hen is a Purebred Aricauna named Rosa and I just put stop and shop eggs in her cage because I heard that my neighbor had done this and got thirteen beautiful hens. I put a trader joes egg in there too because my neighbor had one left over. Will the stop and shop ones hatch? What is the hatching rate of the trader joes eggs?

Back
Top Bottom