Trader Joe's Fertile Eggs - Started 8/11/12

They were fun to hatch, and I have another batch in the 'bator ready to hatch tomorrow or Friday ;P  Yaay!
Yeah!! How eggciting!!
I wish I could do photos of our girls.. I use a iPad & it has
not worked in the past.. So I really enjoy the photos.. And
cute stories of other chickens..
Out of your last batch how many Roos? Hens?

Oh, I haven't updated? I have 8 chicks so far, one is dead and one looks like it's behind the rest, might die? I dunno, but I'm hoping it'll still hatch. I tried my hand at vent sexing, so I *think* I have 5 girls and 3 boys. We shall see if I was correct, LOL. I hope I really have 5 girls, that'd be really good and I'd be happy with that :)

Oh, I haven't updated?  I have 8 chicks so far, one is dead and one looks like it's behind the rest, might die? I dunno, but I'm hoping it'll still hatch.  I tried my hand at vent sexing, so I *think* I have 5 girls and 3 boys.  We shall see if I was correct, LOL.  I hope I really have 5 girls, that'd be really good and I'd be happy with that :)
oh sorry for your loss.. Hope the other made it.. Do you think they
are white leghorn.. Or a mix with W.L.??

They seem like pure white leghorn, but I'm no expert. They're not California whites and I don't know what else it would be desirable to mix them with. I'm sure the eggs are from a Californian producer, so the huge combs shouldn't be a problem here?? Only issue would be if they're mixed in order to feather sex them.

But they do seem pure leghorn, and once mine are laying age, I should get the huge fold over comb that the ladies are known for (just before laying). I'll post here or in the other Trader Joe thread when that happens :D

it did spike 106 so i figured that they died. i just bought a hovabator genesis with auto egg turner and of course with all the ones in the world, the power supply didnt work. OF COURSEE
oh alex im so sorry
i dont know anything about bators
i was lucky to have a broody girl

keep trying!!

someone asked how they look now - here's mamma and the twins a few weeks ago

Oh, I haven't updated? I have 8 chicks so far, one is dead and one looks like it's behind the rest, might die? I dunno, but I'm hoping it'll still hatch. I tried my hand at vent sexing, so I *think* I have 5 girls and 3 boys. We shall see if I was correct, LOL. I hope I really have 5 girls, that'd be really good and I'd be happy with that :)
yr so silly with all that looking up their hoo hoo's!
these bambinos get a comb like right away!

congrats on round 2

lau.gif
but I wanted to learn,
idunno.gif
And I gotta say, it's WAY bigger in pictures than RL
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom