Trader Joe's Fertile Eggs - Started 8/11/12

Little brown sat on those eggs until every single one was hatched!!
100% hatch rate, 6 total. not bad for store bought refrigerated eggs. 

I love the pic with the date stamp in it - as it turns out I did not have to enjoy by sept 6, im enjoying them RIGHT NOW

And so is my lab partner!

How do your chicks look now?

OMG why is it any of the eggs i buy from trader joes hatch or develop. im 100% sure they are fertile eggs because thats what it says on the package. HELPP MEE

They failed again? Have you checked your temperature? This is what I did, I took a medical thermometer, put it into the center of sandwich bag filled with water, then put into another sandwich bag in case of leakage, or you could use a water wiggler/snake. Shake the thermometer down as far as it will go, wrap the water bags around it (it's simulating an egg) then put it in the incubator 24 hours or over night. Read what your thermostat says, then what the thermometer in the "fake egg" says. That should tell you if your thermostat is working properly.

If nothing is starting, it's gotta be too hot or two cold, the humidity won't make a difference until the end.

it did spike 106 so i figured that they died. i just bought a hovabator genesis with auto egg turner and of course with all the ones in the world, the power supply didnt work. OF COURSEE

OMG why is it any of the eggs i buy from trader joes hatch or develop. im 100% sure they are fertile eggs because thats what it says on the package. HELPP MEE
oh shoot that really stinks!!!
How about putting them under a broody hen? That is what a friend and I are going to do..
I will not be able to untill ours are older..so it may be awhile.....

Back
Top Bottom