Trader Joe's Fertile Eggs - Started 8/11/12

Awesome :D One of mine looks like it's not as far along as my others??? I don't know why that would be? The are all moving, so tomorrow is lockdown one way or another. I am so excited and will be so sad if they don't all hatch (I know I'm being unreasonable, but I feel attached to each little egg now
love.gif
Maybe I won't make it as a farmer girl, LOL

I just set RIR/ Americana eggs in the incubator on the 10th. I'm excited, I love hatching!

I'm very interested in your progress, I never thought to do store bought fertilized eggs. I guess I assumed once they were refrigerated I couldn't do anything with them. So I might be doing some trader joe's eggs next time if your experiment works!

Anxious to read your progress. I just set a dozen under my Jersey Giant. Purchased them today and the number was 226. With luck their only 5 days old. Enjoy by date is 9/5.
just looked at your other post - thats your birthday right? Im sure you will enjoy them by then!
Today is day 7 - im nervous to candle them as I'm sure I wont know what im looking at. I'm going to do it
next week when im move broodie to the brooder box. hopefully she will keep sitting and not go on strike

I did check the eggs last time she was up and she is turning them
wee.gif

Awesome :D One of mine looks like it's not as far along as my others??? I don't know why that would be? The are all moving, so tomorrow is lockdown one way or another. I am so excited and will be so sad if they don't all hatch (I know I'm being unreasonable, but I feel attached to each little egg now
love.gif
Maybe I won't make it as a farmer girl, LOL
fingers and toes crossed!
let us know how it works out and pictures!!
pop.gif

just looked at your other post - thats your birthday right? Im sure you will enjoy them by then!
Today is day 7 - im nervous to candle them as I'm sure I wont know what im looking at. I'm going to do it
next week when im move broodie to the brooder box. hopefully she will keep sitting and not go on strike

I did check the eggs last time she was up and she is turning them
wee.gif
Yes, that's my b-day. It's be nice to have some little chicks hatching on that day but I think the 9th or 10th is going to be hatch date. I can't wait to candle (I've never done it) to see if there are veins.

Yes, that's my b-day.  It's be nice to have some little chicks hatching on that day but I think the 9th or 10th is going to be hatch date.  I can't wait to candle (I've never done it) to see if there are veins.
There is a few of us watching this tread!!!
So exciting, we can't wait to find out if it worked!!!
Did you candle??;)

Back
Top Bottom