Trader Joes & Other Grocery Store Egg Hatching Club - Are you a Member

Does Whole Foods or Sprouts sell fertile BROWN eggs? I've hatched out Trader Joes fertile eggs twice, first time I had a great hatch rate but the second time only 3. Both time they were white leghorns and very nervous birds. I was wondering if there were fertile brown eggs elsewhere that would hatch out something different and more personable

Does Whole Foods or Sprouts sell fertile BROWN eggs? I've hatched out Trader Joes fertile eggs twice, first time I had a great hatch rate but the second time only 3. Both time they were white leghorns and very nervous birds. I was wondering if there were fertile brown eggs elsewhere that would hatch out something different and more personable
Some Whole Foods stores sell fertile eggs. They are brown eggs so would at least not be leghorns for the hens.

Added: I do not know about sprouts.

Last edited:
:/

Some Whole Foods stores sell fertile eggs. They are brown eggs so would at least not be leghorns for the hens.

Added: I do not know about sprouts.

Hmm I might need to make a stop on the way home from work tomorrow just to see lol.

These are mine from Whole Foods. I'm not sure what they are, they're due in a couple weeks.
Have you candled them to see if they were developing ? I've been reading around and a lot of people were having issues with them dying or not developing at all

Here are the Trader Joe's pullets I hatched out earlier in this thread. The two white pullets with buff colored head and neck markings were colored that way from hatching so were easy to tell appart from the all white chicks.

So I got all white pullets and white pullets with buff head and neck markings from my TJ eggs. Not sure what crosses they are or what color eggs they will lay. They all hatched from white eggs.

Back
Top Bottom