Trader Joes & Other Grocery Store Egg Hatching Club - Are you a Member

Pics
I candled the eggs again today as we've just completed 14 days, one week to go, four days till lockdown! All 6 are wiggling around in there! Hope they all hatch!

One egg does look darker than the others, wonder if that is just its position or if somehow it's farther along? Anyway, made it so far, just a little farther to go! I can hardly wait!

I have a question: my eggs were stamped "Enjoy by Feb 7". They did not hatch however until Feb 8 at the earliest. Am I entitled to a refund?
yuckyuck.gif

Hi! Can I join please? We put 3 eggs from the grocery store in our hatcher 3 days ago. Will candle them on day 5, hope there are a few chicks because that would be hilarious :lol:

I dont have a real candler so I will just wait until day 5 because I have found that is the earliest I am able to determine for sure with my ordinary lamp for a candler :lol:

It would be so cool if anything came from these. It looks all wrong in my bator with those huge white eggs with pink numbers printed on them. Guess it will be great layers from a production strain within. If they are hens that is. And if they are even fertilized. I bought eggs from non-caged layers/free range layers (sorry I dont know what the english term is) but if these dont work I will try with some organic ones because I have heard they more often keeps roosters (enough).

Well I believe today when I am in town I will pick up a dozen eggs from the health food store and bring them home to check to check for fertility. Then I will know if I can use them for the World hatch or if I need to consider my own stock or some more shipped eggs. I am kinda thinking they wont be fertile, but guess I wont know till I crack some open. :)

I put 6 under a broody hen on the 11th.
I have to help my father move out of his own apartment (in another state) and in with my family this month.
Is it okay that I am scheduling that important event so that it does NOT coincide with hatching day?
hide.gif

I put 6 under a broody hen on the 11th.
I have to help my father move out of his own apartment (in another state) and in with my family this month.
Is it okay that I am scheduling that important event so that it does NOT coincide with hatching day?
hide.gif
Reminds me of Hermione when she said "You could have gotten us killed! Or worse still, expelled!" (Er... um, referencing priorities, you know... Ok, I'm a geek!)

Hope your dad will like it with the family :) I know it's hard on our parents when thay can't live alone anymore :(

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom