Trader Joes & Other Grocery Store Egg Hatching Club - Are you a Member

Pics
Hey everyone!!

So i bought TJ fertile eggs 10 days ago and let them set for one day and then put them in the incubator. Thinking that it wouldn't work, i candled today and saw 9 out of 12 with veins!!!!! SOOOOOOOO EGGCITED!! but i might not be able to keep them, so if anyone wants them send me a Private Message. I might sell them though for $5.

I use my powerfull flashlight and put a bandage tape roll over the end,round jobber that just fits over the end of the flashlight.This leaves a nice round hole for the egg to sit on and the light can go right up through the egg.

With brown eggs you should see something at 7 days and definitely something at 10. I hatched out some marans eggs and they drove me bats because you don't get as clear a view as with the TJ eggs (hard to see any early veining), but you can see dark spots and movement if your light is strong enough Day 7-10. Sometimes you can even see movement up into the air sac as they bump about when the eggs are older.

With brown eggs you should see something at 7 days and definitely something at 10.    I hatched out some marans eggs and they drove me bats because you don't get as clear a view as with the TJ eggs (hard to see any early veining), but you can see dark spots and movement if your light is strong enough Day 7-10.    Sometimes you can even see movement up into the air sac as they bump about when the eggs are older.

Thank you for the ideas. I think I will candle tonight. That will be 10 days....

Hey everyone!!

So i bought TJ fertile eggs 10 days ago and let them set for one day and then put them in the incubator. Thinking that it wouldn't work, i candled today and saw 9 out of 12 with veins!!!!! SOOOOOOOO EGGCITED!! but i might not be able to keep them, so if anyone wants them send me a Private Message. I might sell them though for $5.

Where do you live?

Just wanted to pop in and say how much I love my Leghorn hens! They're so different! Flutters is bold and Henny is more cautious and delicate. I just fed them yogurt and cabbage and Flutters was practically sticking her whole head in the yogurt, grabbing up gobs of it, while Henny delicately took her bites, LOL. Henny is also more partial to the cabbage. I really love the older birds best, and can't wait 'till all my other chicks grow up!!!

Other then a clear air pocket on the one side, i couldn't really see much. We are only 1 week away from hatch now, so i think i will just let her keep them until then....

Being really dark at 2 weeks is normal, so fingers crossed, that you'll have a great hatch!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom