Trader Joes & Other Grocery Store Egg Hatching Club - Are you a Member

Pics
I have 2 of my TJ eggs that are in my homemade bator right now that are doing great.... keeping my fingers crossed on this.

ok, are these eggs chilled? If they are chilled, how long can they be at the store until you can hatch them out? Also, i have read 7 or 8 of these 22 pages, can you put the eggs under a broody momma? Has anyone had success the natural way? (minus the bator?)

yes they are in the cooler at the store, just shows chilled eggs will hatch some people are saying they even do better. You have to set them out to warm up to room temp before setting, a broody hen should work as long as she does it right. You need to get the freshest eggs but some people have had 16 days and + hatch, just not as many hatched. You check the date as the day of the year which like january 29 would have the number 29 all the way to day 365 or you can just look at the expire date and that is pretty close to a month from when they were laid

Just set my eggs from the Amish store yesterday. marked them so I would lnow them from the fertile eggs I got to hatch this week. Told people at work what I was doing everyone is excited to see if I get anything from it. Next I will try the health food store in my town. The nearest Trader Joes is 3 hours from me.

This is so cool to read! Could someone explain or post a link to what the "bulls-eye" thing is to look for in a fertile egg? We have a local co-op grocery store here that sells green and blue eggs from a local farm, and I'd love to try incubating them. Love the pics of all the store chicks!
smile.png

Thank you so much for the pictures, it really helped! I'd love to try some of our local co-op eggs that are green and blue. I'll be looking for the bulls-eye when I make my son breakfast tomorrow!

I just finished my wine fridge bator... and I am ITCHING to try it out! My girls are slowing down in laying, so I think I am going to Trader Joes on Tuesday to see what the date is on their eggs! I actually have a Safeway very near my work, so I may check that one tomorrow.
fl.gif
By this time Thursday, I will have set some eggers!
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom