Trader Joes & Other Grocery Store Egg Hatching Club - Are you a Member

Pics
Quote:
don't worry! Some will hatch will you are at home. It does take awhile to pip and hatch.

Thank you.
We got a bigger box so the metal parts of the lamp wouldn't light the box on fire because they were touching. Now let's see if this works. This is my first time having any chick(en)s at all, so it's a weird feeling, kinda like a mix between
barnie.gif
&
wee.gif
&
fl.gif
&
hu.gif
Yeah.

ETA: Cardboard box didn't get hot enough. WAAAHHH. Unfortunately, this project will be postponed. At least the dogs have lots of eggs! I'll go to the chicken place tomorrow and get a few there.
ETA2: Unpostponed! It'll fail though.

Last edited:
@Gussie398- I am sorry to hear that it incubating eggs is not working for you. It does take time (21 days) to hatch eggs and it does not happen over night. But anybody on here will tell you it is well worth the wait. Good luck with your hatch.

And at 1:48 p.m. on New Year's Day little Token decided it was time..... He hatched out a little behind the others, but probably because he was still slightly fridged when he went into the incubator...

51132_img_0215.jpg

He has since become a regular chick and, in fact, is the peckiest of the group...I wonder if that's a Leghorn thing?

51132_img_0207.jpg

Token is the clean-legged one on the left. The others are Wheaten Marans and Salmon Faverolles

Well, I picked up some eggs on the 10th, they had a pack date of the 4th so I couldn't have asked for much better there. On day ten 6 are still good and seem to be right on track with developing, 4 or 5 had a blood ring and 1 or 2 candled totally clear. I'm not sure if these guys are weaker at hatch time but in another 11 days I'm hoping to be a member of the club too!

I started 12 Trader Joes fertilized (white) eggs and 12 Whole Foods (brown) eggs in the incubator on 1/21.

As of last night NONE of the Whole Food eggs even started developing. So I'm questioning the whole "fertilized" label.

EIGHT of the TJ eggs have moving embryos!!!

Anticipated hatch date 2/11 !

I set 12 TJ eggs last Tues for the Valentine's Day hatch. All 12 have strong veining developing and a very obvious embryo. I thought they would just be an experiment in incubating, but they are doing well and the white shell makes candling a breeze. I don't even pick them up, just touch the top with the candler.

Deb

Back
Top Bottom