Traditional Serama

Okay, pre new BYC someone posted a computerized "drawing" of a cage....whoever's it was said that it was very easy to build and could send a link. Could you send me the link please? I am not sure who it was. I have not been able to read up on all the back posts. Can you help me?

I know, I started with dark legged big birds with white lobes. Then I was DQ'd because lobes. Next show it was the legs that were wrong color and DQ'pink lobes after being told pink was ok. I bought $$ birds all white because I wanted to show and then started breeding them and getting better quality because I was told thats the only way I could show and be excepted. I then am told whites are the freak and they want all the birds again. Thats fine because I have all colors but after spending load $ on birds I was told we could show them they change it again. Im sure we are so laughed at. I had a guy ask me last show what it was I was showing and I told him. He looked at me and just shook his head and laughed and said good luck figuring it all out because the judges dont even know.
Seriously???
Wow.
I guess in some parts of the country, ABA is all people have, so naturally they gravitate to that standard. But before ABA, all there that existed was the SCNA standard, which hasn't changed, except to drop the lower weight limit recently. Why is that standard suddenly sub-standard? I like that standard. It brought out the best in Serama.

Last edited:
Eggs can and are now shipped everyday but cant be marked as EGGS just fragile Day old chicks can be shipped but require all kinds of state certificates. Ideal and Mcmurray are currently the only 2 that can legally ship in and of course they ship in thousands of egg layers. Actually a quail was accidentally found in a box and I think McMurray has a temp ban.
We are very fortunate that the State vet specializes in poultry and he is learning serama now.

From eggs I shipped there.

Yes Jerry I knew they were yours (lucky us) but couldnt recall i f they were eggs or birds. Have you seen some of the postings of your progeny? Casey (the baker) is where I got my birds from. Could you guess how many generations? How many eggs did you ship to Maui?

Last edited:
Okay, pre new BYC someone posted a computerized "drawing" of a cage....whoever's it was said that it was very easy to build and could send a link. Could you send me the link please? I am not sure who it was. I have not been able to read up on all the back posts. Can you help me?

Under tab byc - coops there are some really easy ones made from converted book shelves and metal/steel shelving.

The photo quality isn't my best and the lighting poor but these babies wanted their pictures taken, lol
This cockerel and pullet were hatched New Years Eve so they just turned 2 weeks old. They were posing all over for me so I grabbed the camera. They're in the brooder in the garage and it's not well lit so I'll have to take more photo's of these guys later. I have some more in the house that aren't quite ready to live in the brooder out there yet.

You can at least see their type. They are the first chicks by my cockerel Tiger that I hatched last summer.

Back
Top Bottom