Trapping Coons- Best bait to use

Quote:
you can balance a cage trap the same way on the table instead of the 2 X

Jeeze I never even thought of that... that would probably work pretty good as long as you didn't bait the trap with something a cat might like... could make for some unhappy neighbors...

Quote:
you can balance a cage trap the same way on the table instead of the 2 X

Jeeze I never even thought of that... that would probably work pretty good as long as you didn't bait the trap with something a cat might like... could make for some unhappy neighbors...

when you have yotes and cats running loose the cats don't hang around long
big_smile.png

trap set with poisoned bread again tonight. not going to rain tonight so with luck, there'll be a coon, dead or alive, in the trap tonight.

Sometimes I catch things with nothing in the trap.I got a possum yesterday.Lately I just toss an old apple or carrot in the trap.

Quote:
groundhogs are the same way once you catch one the trap smells like them that is a pretty fair bait in itself the best bait for rats is rat feces this is why Gland lure makes it so easy to catch foxes

Quote:
First it illegal to use Golen Malrin that way...it kills so fast , if a child or pet got hold of it...they would be dead before you could get them to the car....read proper way to use it...may keep you out of prison

eggs are the best , don't need to rebait ,plus you willm only catch coons ,possum, skunks.........NO CATS ..main trouble with catching a cat....can't catch predators withn a cat in the trap.
lol.png

I've tried eggs. no luck. Bread is what got them in there the other night even though he did get back out without getting trapped. Baited the trap last night, went up there and checked it and something had gotten in there, eaten the bread and got back out. So perhaps he's dead somewhere. That is, if it worked correctly.

Quote:
well hope it wasn't some kids cat.............you need to break one egg over the trip plate...then the will spend time in the trap licking up the eggs setting off the trap.

Our only neighbors are family members. Their cat is old and senile and stays under the porch. Our cats rarely go up there. Only thing that would get in the trap would be some sort of varmint. Which is the point of setting the trap.

Back
Top Bottom