Treating bumble foot with Pennicilan????

skysfarm03

In the Brooder
Aug 2, 2016
Florida
Hello,
I have a turkey with really bad bumble foot and ive been treating his foot with penicillin shot directly in the infected area on his foot, ive heard of using 1ml once a day, is this correct? Or whats the best amount of ml for it? I do not want to do surgery.
Please let me know, thanks!

It is common for turkeys to get bumblefoot due to their weight. My rooster isn't heavy, but he is prone to it. I wash his feet with Dawn detergent, then, apply colloidal silver 1100 ppm on a bandaid, position it on the infected area, then, wrap the foot with self stick gauze wrap. I'd change the dressing every other day when it was severe. It healed up after 3 weeks. Now, he wears boots to protect his feet and has had no further issues with bumblefoot. I didn't want to cut into his foot either. I only use antibiotic injection for cases where infection affects my birds internally or their bones.

Hello,
I have a turkey with really bad bumble foot and ive been treating his foot with penicillin shot directly in the infected area on his foot, ive heard of using 1ml once a day, is this correct? Or whats the best amount of ml for it? I do not want to do surgery.
Please let me know, thanks!
Welcome to BYC! Can you post some pictures of his foot?

Back
Top Bottom