Treating ducks for bumble foot

if it is bumblefoot I’d suggest getting to a vet sooner than later. I waited and it spread to the point they’re not sure if they can get it all out with a surgery. Her bumble didn’t have an obvious exit point or abscess so I wasn’t sure what it was. I’ll most likely have to euthanize her. So yeah, I need to reassess what I’m doing out here.
Hello, this thread was from a while ago. My ducks are all healed up now. Did you start your on BYC thread? Maybe we can give you some suggestions?

Hello, this thread was from a while ago. My ducks are all healed up now. Did you start your on BYC thread? Maybe we can give you some suggestions?
It’s ok, she will have surgery on Wens. The infection is a bit invasive and too solid to squeeze out or remove with a syringe. It’s my fault for not taking her in sooner. Hopefully she does well and they can get everything out. They gave me a guarded prognosis, and a large price tag. But what can you do? These $4 ducklings from tractor supply can cost you a lot in the end :eek:

Back
Top Bottom