Treating frostbite

Pics
Well, you are right, you can't take it back! It's done, so all you can do is move forward.
If you are worried about giving that large a dose, you could skip a day, then continue.
I'll evaluate her tomorrow and decide. :)
I think I won't skip a day, though. It can't be THAT bad. I know sometimes vets will prescribe a larger dose of antibiotics on the first day, anyway.

.2 cc PenG today to the left Pectoral Muscle. On 2/2 I injected into her right Pectoral Muscle.

I apologize for the lack of photos yesterday. I was very busy.

Here is her comb today, before any medication today, on both sides.

20190203_102405.jpg
20190203_102419.jpg

.2 cc PenG today to the left Pectoral Muscle. On 2/2 I injected into her right Pectoral Muscle.

I apologize for the lack of photos yesterday. I was very busy.

Here is her comb today, before any medication today, on both sides.

View attachment 1662186 View attachment 1662187
Yikes. But it looks like its starting to heal. Any interest in food?

Yup. She is eating every day and drinking tons.
This is a great sign! Just keep doing what you're doing. One of our girls got frostbite on her comb. She was the only one i couldnt get to with the vaseline on the day it was -25 out. She has a very mild case...no blistering but discoloration. Im monitoring her in the coop since temps are reasonable here but i think she will be fine since shes not open to infection. I pray your girl is ok. Ive been checking in several times a day for her so i appreciate the updates and photos

Today's photos.
She got another shot of PenG to the right Pectoral muscle. Also she moved out of my shower and into a plastic tote in the family room.
She has a normal healthy appetite now and drinks a lot.

20190204_204641.jpg
20190204_204617.jpg

Today's photos.
She got another shot of PenG to the right Pectoral muscle. Also she moved out of my shower and into a plastic tote in the family room.
She has a normal healthy appetite now and drinks a lot.

View attachment 1663996 View attachment 1663997
She is looking better. I'm glad to hear she's eating and drinking.
Hopefully the PenG is helping fight infection and she's on her way to a full recovery.

Back
Top Bottom