Treats for 5 week old chicks? Ones that don't move?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Lucy4, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Lucy4

Lucy4 Chillin' With My Peeps

I know I'm a big baby... but I can't do the bug thing. Yet I want to give my girls some fun treats. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

2. ArizonaNessa

ArizonaNessa Joyfully Addicted

Apr 7, 2009
    Texas
    crumbled hard boiled eggs are yummy! [​IMG]

3. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    mine think shredded cheese is a HUGE treat. I don't know if they think it's worms or what but they go crazy!

4. Chicken Fruit

Chicken Fruit Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Echo Homestead
    Grapes are my chicks favorites.

5. ArizonaNessa

ArizonaNessa Joyfully Addicted

Apr 7, 2009
    Texas
    Oh yeah I forgot about he spaghetti noodle thing too. Not a lot of nutrition in them but oh is it ever funny to watch especially when two birds get ahold of the same noodle.

6. Catalina

Catalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2007
    Minnesota
    Yogurt.

Are you giving them grit?

My chicks are with their momma, so they eat whatever she tells them to eat!
    Carrots, apples, cabbage, lettuce, sprouted lentils, crackers, tomatos, mashed potatoes, bananas (very popular), raisins - those are a few of Lavender and chicks' favorites.

7. ChickenCat

ChickenCat Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    craig county, VA
    last night I took out carrot peels, cucumber, cauliflower leaves, brocolli. the cucumbers were a huge sucess. There was a race for the carrot peels.[​IMG]. tonight they got a tomato diced. Hilarious!

8. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    I did 1/4" long crickets today (my chicks are 3.5 weeks), along with a bowl of grit, and OMG my kids and I couldn't stop laughing.

I went to the pet store, got 2 dozen so I could have some for other times, went home and let them put some in. Too funny!! You oughta try it...it's no worse than what they'll find scratching around in their pen when they're older [​IMG]

9. chickenguysmom

chickenguysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

I am so glad to read that its the treats that don't move..... I guess I am tired because I thought you were trying to get your chickens to move ...... lol I really am too tired to be online. Have a great night!

10. loco por pollos

loco por pollos New Egg

Apr 22, 2009
    Rainier,OR
    My chicks are only 1 week old. Is it too soon to give treats? I have grit already for when the time comes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by