Treats for chicks

I microwave egg shells (I use a lot of eggs haha), crumble them up and toss on the ground and the ladies gobble them up!! There are a lot of Russian Olive trees (Nuisance) on the property, Spring thru Fall I chop branches off and toss them over the fence. The girls eat the red berries off the branches like they're going out of style, I also feed them to the goats. FYI they arent for human consumption, so dont try them before feeding to your animals! The birds also get veggie scraps after I cook a meal, minus onions.

My birds (all ages) love chopped cantaloupe melon skins. Been feeding it for years. Does anyone else feed their flock this? I have a friend who feeds chopped banana skins....Chopped very fine in water. I tried it, but it turned brown before they ate it all and I was afraid of mold......Think I'll stick with the cantaloupe!

I just gave my chicks a handful of earthworms. OMG....too funny! They were scared for about 30 seconds until the runt went charging in. Then it became a frenzy.

Back
Top Bottom