Treats for Chicks?

I believe feeding chicks eggs/egg shells can cause them to develop a taste for eggs. This is what causes some chickens to break open the eggs they lay.

Feeding chickens cooked eggs will not cause them to develope a taste for eggs! How in the world will a chicken figure out the cooked egg they are eating came out of the nest??? Trust me, they are not that smart. .....

........meaning that you actually think that a chicken eating scrambled eggs KNOWS that the egg came out of a nest in the hen house she lives in??????????

?? Me - no - I feed eggs to my birds and have also fed (and will again once my girls are of age) crushed egg shell to my hens. My response was to the statement I quoted, not to your response to that same statement.

I've always fed mine scrambled eggs and have never had an egg eater.
wink.png

Eggs. You know... I had thought about the mashed boiled eggs, but cannot imagine how scrambled would be any worse.

What about chicks and yoghurt? That last batch I brought home were about 6 weeks old and they pretty much lived for yoghurt. I could have trained them to fetch they liked it so well. My current babies are MUCH younger (black and blue orps)maybe 2 weeks.
I've never had such young chicks.
I'm on this list every few hours just to make sure I'm not inadvertently killing the sweet fluffy nuggets. Storey's is a little lean on details like: Snacks or how/when to make chick mash. :)
Cheers,
Jana

Back
Top Bottom