Treats!

Chicken Chloe

Hatching
Oct 3, 2015
What treats do your chickens like the best? Mine love spaghetti, but their favourite has to be meal worms! As soon as they see the bag they are running towards me! :cd

Mine also love mealworms. They also love rice, bread, fruit, corn, peas, quinoa, macaroni, pasta, spaghetti, meat, seeds and eggs.

By the way, welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Mine go crazy if they see a white 5gallon bucket.
wee.gif

I don't free range, but bring them a variety of weeds just about everyday. Winter is coming so the variety will be a little less, but we should still have clover, dandelion, dock and plantain. I froze extra corn on the cob, squash and green beans to be thawed and given out over the winter.
I also occasionally cook a little cream of wheat and make is really soupy, then add some of their regular feed to make a mash. They think this is just awesome.

Hi,
My chickens love oatmeal! I cook it and put 2 eggs in it and they cant get enough!
when its cold out I add peanut butter and make it like a thick mash...they really love that. They eat it so fast that they are trying to talk and eat at the same time..lol

Some of you may have seen my Beakie-She has a severe (90 degree) scissor beak-Her vet says she's never seen one so extreme. I make Beakie smoothies to serve a couple of times a day and am always trying to dream up new ingredients for her. Her basic meal is layer crumbles, mealworms, raisins, hot water, all whizzed up in the Cuisinart. To this I often add blueberries, yogurt, pear, carrots, lettuce...She won't touch kale...If anyone has other thoughts to add variety, I'd be grateful. Also, she is 9 months old now. Her sisters have been laying for a few months but Beakie hasn't started. Anyone know if she ever will? She's smaller than her sisters but same age.

Back
Top Bottom