Treehouse coop finally finished*PICS*!!!

Very beautiful! Looks like it took a lot of time and effort... and it was well worth it.
smile.png

Quote:
Thanks Ginger Chic. We originally built the top floor as a tree house with a sandbox under neath. When we decided to get chicken I thought why not add the coop under the treehouse, there was enough room to add a floor and still stand straight up when inside. I knew the children would spend alot of time with the chickens, why not have their play area with the chicken area? I am careful not to have to many chickens so I can keep the odor in hand. We only have 8 chickens and thank goodness for DE. So far so good, they're just a joy, and we haven't even gotten any eggs yet.

Thanks Michiganwoods and WELCOME. Everyone here is soo nice and helpful. You'll be addicted in no time. When you get your chicks send in pics so we can see them.

Wow, Caroline - That's about as cool of a design as I've seen. Seems like you thought of just about everything. You'll like that the nest boxes are lower than the roost.

For the roost area, do you have a "droppings holder"-type setup that you can empty?

Very nice!

Quote:
No I don't have a "droppings Holder" just yet. This past weekend we concentrated our efforts on putting chert (gravel) in the run. Doesn't look like much trouble but moving 1 ton of fine gravel shovel by shovel has mine and my husbands backs sore this AM. Another of those "shoulda woulda" moments. Woulda made alot more sense to put the gravel in with our New Holland before we finished the fence. I'm thinking of having the droppings tray on the ground with a thick layer of DE to dry the droppings. I thinks I can then use a cat litter scoop to sift the droppings out. Do you think that will work?

Hey Caroline - I'm glad the free range went well. I'm sure the girls loved it. The kids love Leon and Omlett and they both seem so content. Thanks so much and I will keep you updated with pics.

Quote:
Hi Wendypets. Click on each pic and it will enlarge. I'm still not sure how to put those huge pics on my posts like some people have on their's.

Quote:
First use the "My Page" feature and build a web page just for your coop design.

When that is finished send the link to Nifty-Chicken the website owner and ask him to add your page to the Coop Design page.

Great coop!

Back
Top Bottom