Trees

Kudzu

Songster
8 Years
Mar 27, 2011
Am I the only one that likes trees? I love planting trees and I mean not for profit trees. The first time I saw a birds nest in a tree I planted I was over joyed. I see people cutting down majestic old trees when they could just as easily worked around it. Don't get me wrong, I am not what I would consider a tree-hugger fanatic, but I do enjoy a nice shade tree.

Both my Daughter and I LOVE trees! more and bigger the better. In fact it's number 1 on our list of preferences on buying property! I hate the developers down here who, while builing a subdivision, buldoze down every single tree on the lot!!! then build all the houses and then plant teeny tiny trees to landscape
rant.gif

Oh, I love the oak trees in central Florida. The big knarly ones with huge grey beards hanging from them. Oh so fun to climb when I was a kid.

I am a tree junkie too. People think I am weird because I enjoy identifying trees. I can correctly identify just about any of them around here. I get all excited as the seasons change and the trees do too.

I'm a tree-hugging fanatic
tongue2.gif
I love trees!! I love gnarly live oaks, blue atlas cedars, bald cypress, hemlock, crabapples, vitex (ok it's a small tree) - all trees really but esp those with character
wink.png
I think it is sad when people cut down big old trees in the name of progress and sad that people plant the same trees everywhere (here it is often bradford pears (which are horribly invasive) and crepe myrtles). I encourage people to plant trees for arbor day and teach children to appreciate trees
love.gif
One day I want to see a baobab in person as they are simply amazing trees.....

i am nutty for trees too! well not just trees but all plants and landscaping. around here each tree will add $1k in property value and the bigger the tree the bigger the value. i have a silver maple that i am in aw of! i am a big fan of sumac because they are so useful and the flowers are great to cook with too. but there are some trees that i will never plant and would take out asap such as the russian olive and replace them with a tree i love
smile.png

I LOVE trees! I really like big old maples! Maybe it's just me but I think big trees like that are so beautiful!

I love trees too. Nothing angers me more than seeing them plowed down for a parking lot. Then they plant puny scrubby trees to take their place.

Thats why we are moving to Ocala!

You'll love it here!​

Back
Top Bottom