Tried to add something cool and the girls hate it

I have both kinds. Afraid of a blade of grass out of place and the other half attack that blade of grass. They all have different personalities and some are so emotional it’s insane! The other day my 8 year old came in and said there was a weird bird on top of the house. My husband went and came back telling me to go look. He didn’t know what type of bird was up there and now there were two. So i go out to look and about died laughing. Sure enough there were two weird birds on the peak of the roof sunning themselves, my cinnamon queens. And yes they need help getting down. I don’t think a stump would have bothered these two but it would send my marans into an emotional breakdown. Good luck!

Today I noticed one of my neighbours having a tree cut down. I joyfully walked over and asked if I could have a section of the stump to put in my coop for the girls to climb on and add a little something new to break up possible boredom.

Well, you would think I put a bag of snakes and a couple of hawks in there with them!

I was afraid for awhile they were going to hurt themselves or each other trying to fly through the hardware cloth to get out. They cower on the other end of their run and have been screaming ever since. Will see if they accept it in the morning and if not, guess I have to pull it out. Sheesh! No good deed goes unpunished.
Chicken dont like change. It can cause stress, it is new to them. it can take time .

Today I noticed one of my neighbours having a tree cut down. I joyfully walked over and asked if I could have a section of the stump to put in my coop for the girls to climb on and add a little something new to break up possible boredom.

Well, you would think I put a bag of snakes and a couple of hawks in there with them!

I was afraid for awhile they were going to hurt themselves or each other trying to fly through the hardware cloth to get out. They cower on the other end of their run and have been screaming ever since. Will see if they accept it in the morning and if not, guess I have to pull it out. Sheesh! No good deed goes unpunished.
:lau

:lau

Chickens don't like change.

That is so weird! I have no idea why they're like that! Maybe it smells like raccoon or something? If you really want to keep it, I'd try putting their feeder on it.

What kind of tree was cut down?

Back
Top Bottom