Trimming a scissor beak?

My little tweaky beak is about 3 weeks old, so far she is eating ok but I foresee its getting worse as time goes on. I see that you can trim a beak, I've read up and watched a few videos but I don't see anything about trimming the lower beak. Does anyone know if you can trim the lower beak? I'm open to other suggestions as well.

Attachments

• IMG_6439.jpeg
    IMG_6439.jpeg
    101.8 KB · Views: 3
You can trim lower as well, though it's a little trickier in that it's smaller and thinner. I trim both upper and lower on my crossbeak or else the lower beak tends to start chipping and cracking unevenly at the edges from the way it contacts the upper beak, which also makes eating harder just as overgrowth would.

My little tweaky beak is about 3 weeks old, so far she is eating ok but I foresee its getting worse as time goes on. I see that you can trim a beak, I've read up and watched a few videos but I don't see anything about trimming the lower beak. Does anyone know if you can trim the lower beak? I'm open to other suggestions as well.

I used one of those things to file the dogs nails down, works great for lots of things, at first she was scared of it, but then she would come up and jump in my lap is she needed a litlle help with the beak, she is still doing fine 5 years later was last report i got on her as warned them she still required occasional filing of the beak , saud they only had to do it once in the year they've had her.

Back
Top Bottom