Triple yolk...SMH

Pics
I took a peek, because I was going to put a sponge in the water any how. one pip, 2 in air cell, and 2 starting to bend the air cell, one not in air cell at all, but still okay.
I am totally new to this chicken stuff. I’ve been following this thread the whole time and find it so interesting. Is there any way you can explain what exactly this means? I have zero experience with hatching chicks, but a lot of interest.

A pip is the first hole in an egg that is beginning to hatch. After the first pip, it could take another 12-24 hrs to hatch no help needed.. I currently have 2 pips now. and 3 in air cell (air cell is when the chick in the egg has poked a hole into the air cell, large end of egg, and taken it's first breath in the egg, getting ready to pip.)

The second pip is another brown egg...

A pip is the first hole in an egg that is beginning to hatch. After the first pip, it could take another 12-24 hrs to hatch no help needed.. I currently have 2 pips now. and 3 in air cell (air cell is when the chick in the egg has poked a hole into the air cell, large end of egg, and taken it's first breath in the egg, getting ready to pip.)

The second pip is another brown egg...
Super interesting. Thanks!!!

zip.PNG
When more of the shell is broken away it is a zip, now I have 2 zips and one pip, still day 19.

2 this am day 20
1egc.PNG

Of these 1 yellow chick from a brown egg, one chimpmunk chick from the green egg,
gren.PNG

One brown is still zipping, one chick is trying to pip, and one my hen's egg is slightly behind, but i think will make it, and one that made it to the air cell part, but I don't think will hatch.

Back
Top Bottom