Trouble hatching ducks

:goodpost: I've always suspected that bacteria could be a problem.
It is just something that I have, in the past, ran into. With even a small number of nesting ducks, spraying green liquid crap everywhere twice a day, things can get pretty gross.

My ducks, when sitting, don't go far, so you have a beeline from the nests to the water and between that you have nesting duck bombs.

Unless you follow behind them with a water hose, they are Going to walk through that. Ew.

It is just something that I have, in the past, ran into. With even a small number of nesting ducks, spraying green liquid crap everywhere twice a day, things can get pretty gross.

My ducks, when sitting, don't go far, so you have a beeline from the nests to the water and between that you have nesting duck bombs.

Unless you follow behind them with a water hose, they are Going to walk through that. Ew.
:gig...:idunno

Not fertile...Too hot?..
Definitely could be too hot in Texas.
Have you candled any to even see if viable?...
i have never candled before. Can I take an egg out, candle, and put it back without it being rejected
Have you candled any to even see if viable?...[/QUOT This is day 35. If the eggs are all bad will she abandon them or do I need to destroy the nest?
How hot has it been where you are? Is the nest in the shade? Is the nest clean?
this past week has been near 100. The nest has been in the shade and I have a fish net for additional shade. I did find the eggs sitting in liquid so I gave her more straw and she wove it into her nest. It is now day 36 and we are down to 4 eggs. She is in a small pen and if the eggs are not good I want to let her out. (I put her in the closed pen so when the eggs hatched, they wouldn’t get out on our open pool.

Back
Top Bottom