Trouble hatching ducks

ducks4me

Chirping
Mar 4, 2016
East Texas
My Muscovy hen should hatch her ducklings around or on July 18. She started with 18 eggs. We are down to 7. They just keep being rotten. Anyone know the possible cause/s?

My Muscovy hen should hatch her ducklings around or on July 18. She started with 18 eggs. We are down to 7. They just keep being rotten. Anyone know the possible cause/s?
How hot has it been where you are? Is the nest in the shade? Is the nest clean?

Hmmm? Never heard of that...?
The bacteria on feet or the vinegar?

Muscovy are really wet and messy little buggers. In really warm weather, the water station can get pretty gross. Even if I use something meant to keep them from making a mess, they still do.

Vinegar under the water dish helps keep down any happy warm bacteria that might decide that water and duck crap is a great place to set up shop.

The bacteria on feet or the vinegar?

Muscovy are really wet and messy little buggers. In really warm weather, the water station can get pretty gross. Even if I use something meant to keep them from making a mess, they still do.

Vinegar under the water dish helps keep down any happy warm bacteria that might decide that water and duck crap is a great place to set up shop.
I have Ducks and a Duck is a Duck..Wild Ducks live in worse conditions than mine and I have 3 Hens successfully setting eggs and due to hatch. So unless your place is not a proper set up I never heard that vinegar helps?..

I have Ducks and a Duck is a Duck..Wild Ducks live in worse conditions than mine and I have 3 Hens successfully setting eggs and due to hatch. So unless your place is not a proper set up I never heard that vinegar helps?..
Oh, ok. I didn't know that regular ducks do the nesting duck bomb. Three sitting moms all going out and doing the green bomb of doom at once is PRETTY gross, isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom