Trouble hatching ducks

People have a misconception about Broody Ducks. Destroy the nest and block it off with anything. A box, chair..? Get her moving around with the flock. I successfully break my Ducks. Muscovy are still just a Duck not superior over other breeds. Another species..

They will really sit on nothing? What do you do?
Yes. Many muscovy owners have experienced this. I don’t have any, so I haven’t personally. Especially if the breed are good mothers. They are made to sit and hatch babies out!

Have you checked on YouTube to see some candling examples? Then compared to yours.

They will really sit on nothing? What do you do?
I have 2 Muscovy females now sitting on nest they have made and no eggs are in them I took the eggs. I have found with mine to just let it run it's course and as long as they come out daily to eat drink bath and poop I just let them be. Muscovy's are def not superior to other ducks but they are hard headed and I don't see a thing wrong with letting them do their thing especially after many years of trying to convince them not too. They are healthy and happy sitting on nothing actually. I have chickens doing the same thing they won't give up no matter what I do so I just let it run it's course too. Everyone has different ways of handling their flocks it doesn't make one of us superior to another just because we do it different. We have to do what we think is best for ours as long as it isn't hurting them.

Back
Top Bottom