Trouble with Feather Lovers Farm

I wish I would have joined this forum before I ordered from FLF. My chicks arrived dying and the blame is placed on the post office, which might be true, but one chick was much larger than the other 3 and I am wondering if it was not a bit older. Perhaps this problem of late delivery is more common that I realized. After spending $69.00 for Expedited shipping (1 -2 day delivery) I received the chicks on day 4. So far I am out a large chunk of change and a bit of heartache. Looking forward to finding reliable breeders and hatcheries to deal with. Lesson learned.

Yeh their polish are not good quality. All turned aggressive even though we spent hours working with them. Wouldn’t advise getting any from them.

July of 2022 I received my shipment from Feather Lover’s Farm: a couple Malaysian Samara chicks, a couple of cream legbars, a black copper marans, and two free chicks. They arrived when they were expected, in the most flimsy of cardboard, and I would have thought for 69 dollars shipping that the container would have had some sort of substance to it. I honestly don’t know how the chicks actually managed to get to me, in the flimsy container they were shipped in. I opened the box, and one of the Malaysians was stuck in the nesting mat DOA. They issued a gift certificate, I asked if that included the shipping, and of course not. A couple days later, one of the free chicks they sent got weak and died. I spent a tremendous amount of time with these babies up until they were ready to go out with the rest of my birds, about 3 months. This spring, I was attacked by a rooster for the very first time in my life. I honestly didn’t even know it was happening, I felt a flap of wings going on behind me. Then it was a week later, while I was talking to someone outside of the barn, I heard the most horrendous cry, I ran in the barn and my tiny 5 pound toy Aussie was getting attacked by this Malaysian rooster! Ever since that day I’ve been dealing with this bastard of a bird. I thought I could tame it out of him, but no. Every day him and I have a standoff, and I’ve had enough. I’ve contacted FLF, and am waiting for their response. I’m not one to kill an animal but I feel like that’s what needs to be done. I need peace on this farm. I feel like this bird must have been bred to fight, and I accidentally received it. His comb is the most intense red. I have had chickens now for 7 years, and I’m not real experienced with them, but I am good when it comes to my intuition, and this bird comes from birds that are extremely defensive.

Back
Top Bottom