Troy, MI -dozen hens and a silkie amarecauna rooster I need a home for!

ant1

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 21, 2013
Hello all. I'm in Troy Michigan. Have 3 coops for one dozen hens and one rooster. A few ISA Reds, some Ameracaunas, a barred rock and a Silkie Ameracauna rooster. Yup three coops for a dozen birds. They have two summer homes.. Living large on an acre and free roaming.

I've been an observer on BYC for a while now... Joined officially b/c I need to get rid of the rooster ;-( The city told me no roosters and $70 for the animal permit fee.

Even though there is a lot of space and my next door neighbors are pretty cool about the roo someone complained and I don't want to be "that guy."

anyway, if anyone in the area wants/needs a roo let me know. He's a fast movin fella and should make some awesome baby chicks if you're into that. I have a broody hen so I'm hoping to get some offsprings. Would be sad to lose him and not have a bit of him in the mix somewere. Plus I want to see what happens with a silkie/amercauna mixed hen!

Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan
big_smile.png

You might try posting in the Michigan thread, although roosters can be hard to rehome sometimes. Look in the Where am I - Where are You section of the Forum.

welcome-byc.gif
If you go to "where am I, where are you," you can find and post on your state thrad. Maybe someone in your area would be interested in your roo. Have you tried your local Craig;s list>

Once you have 20 posts you can participate in the Buy,sell,trade forum and may be able to rehome him that way. Wish you luck.

Thank you!
Didn't know about the where am I. Still a few posts from the 20 needed for the auction.
Did just do a craigslist ad. I'm in a suburban area so I worry that others may be in the same predicament. We had a good run with 2 roos until recently. Didn't realize that I could have chickens but not roosters (I guess it's a relief in some ways.) Hope the inspector gives me some time to relocate.
So it goes! Thanks again for the advice.

Greetings from Kansas, ant1, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined us! If you aren't particular about the fate of your rooster (the crockpot, for instance....Craigslist is a good option). If you want a shot at a more suitable home you can post in the MI thread of link in the 'where am I' link as drumstick suggested is a goo option. Good luck to you!

Back
Top Bottom