True Blue Whiting info please?

Pics
I'm trying to picture these guys out in the field foraging with the rest of the flock, they just look so different but I like it. Upright and slight of build. I can see them becoming adept at evading predators. Can't wait to get mine in April. So...I already have chicks coming..but BDRanch I was just curious...will you be offering up chicks and/or hatching eggs in the future?

I like the auto sexing "feature" of the cream legbar along w/ the blue eggs, but now that I've learned these birds can also be auto sexed, I'm really excited!

I ordered 4 and 2 died in transit. There were other breeds as well to keep them warm. Have you had success with them so far? I'm wondering if there is a weakness in the breed.

Our rooster, Peyton Manning, just started breeding hens (saw him for the first time yesterday). Had sausage and eggs for dinner, and two of the eggs were fertile! So ... I'll probably start trying to incubate eggs next week. I have them for sale locally, but if they don't sell, I might consider shipping chicks and/or eggs.

As to our experience, they've been hardy. They lay like crazy (Dr Whiting said to expect 300 eggs/season). They rode in the back of our pick up truck (w/ a cap) but it was still cold. They did great -- even laid five eggs on the trip home!

We love our "Blues". We have 14 pullets and a rooster, and they are really laying , despite the fluctuating temps and shorter days. They are really beautiful birds!

Back
Top Bottom