True Blue Whiting info please?

Pics
Am I reading that correctly that one of your True Blue's is laying cream eggs?

That is patently unacceptable, as there is no way a homozygous blue egg layer's offspring could lay cream eggs!!! The only way the cream egg could happen is if both parents carried white egg shell genes with some brown color pollution in the mix...

If the claims of green eggs and cream eggs is true, then these chickens are nothing short of barnyard mixed mutts fraudulently sold as Whiting True Blues and Murray McMurray Hatchery is in for a world of bad press and owes a lot of people refunds IMO...

Yes, one laid a cream colored egg today! I couldn't believe my eyes. A refund won't come close to making up for all the money spent on feed to raise those mutts to this point. I knew I should stay away from hatchery birds but couldn't resist in a "new breed." That was my first and last hatchery purchase. I hope they at least attempt to make things right with everyone who purchased them. I understand that some people won't care much but for me, it's business and not only am I out my investment but my future profit. Grrrr SO upset!

Yes, one laid a cream colored egg today! I couldn't believe my eyes. A refund won't come close to making up for all the money spent on feed to raise those mutts to this point. I knew I should stay away from hatchery birds but couldn't resist in a "new breed." That was my first and last hatchery purchase. I hope they at least attempt to make things right with everyone who purchased them. I understand that some people won't care much but for me, it's business and not only am I out my investment but my future profit. Grrrr SO upset!

Well I had fully expected them to be homozygous for the blue egg gene as advertised and was planning to use them in my own blue layer program to potentially increase eggs size and production, but I guess those plans are out the window as I'm not going to risk polluting my known blue egg birds with their mutts...

I did too. I believe those 2 eggs are from 2 different hens. I don't think one hen would lay such drastically different colored eggs. I have 7 others. Maybe they'll all lay blue eggs. Ha! That's far fetched. I can hope, right?
1f609.png

Last edited:
I did too. I believe those 2 eggs are from 2 different hens. I don't think one hen would lay such drastically different colored eggs. I have 7 others. Maybe they'll all lay blue eggs. Ha! That's far fetched. I can hope, right?
1f609.png

A hens egg shell color never changes, the brown outside color coating can vary in shade a little bit through the season depending on the breed...

A cream egg and a blue/green egg will never come from the same bird... To get a cream egg requires both parents to have not been true blue layers and each passing a recessive white shell gene, and that indicates some serious concerns in an 'breed' advertised as blue laying as even if they lay blue they could still be a carrier for the recessive white shell an mess up future generations when breeding...

All in all if this green egg and worse cream egg pattern is true and others start to confirm it that is nothing short of false and misleading advertising by McMurray and they owe refunds for such...

Last edited:
My birds should start laying by the end of next month. Anything other than a blue egg will cause me to wage war. They'd already gave me the runaround about my dark cornish. The males and females had white feathers in wing primaries

Sounds like they have let their EE jump the fence.

Or worse...

Either way if the claims of cream and green eggs are verified, they owe a lot of refunds for their false advertising as they are the ones at fault...

And I hope if it's verified as true that they step up to the plate and handle it professionally, before it explodes into lawsuits...

I just sent them an email. I'm sure I was nicer than I should have been but I let them know I am not happy! That was a costly venture, starting the flock. I originally ordered 25 straight run chicks. I lost 8 chicks to coccidiosis at 2 weeks of age, and I culled 6 roosters recently. I had been expecting I could eventually make my money back selling chicks and eggs but now I think not. I am anxious to see what they have to say about the multi colored eggs. I'm so disappointed.
1f622.png
they will probably say something to the effect that they will talk to their breed supplier aboit the problem. Then they will just ignore future correspondence

Sounds like they have let their EE jump the fence.

It would actually take more than that unless that happened generations ago and the breeder willfully ignored the wrong colored eggs coming from the breeding program and pretended his stock was still pure... That shows gross negligence...

A 'cream' colored egg as pictured requires a double recessive white egg shell gene as well as some brown egg coating gene(s)...

A 'true blue' layers should have neither of those genes, and with the blue egg shell gene being dominant if a rooster with a white shell gene and some brown coating gene(s) had jumped the fence all the F1 birds would still have blue shells possibly with a light green tint, you would not see a cream egg unless F1 were inbred and/or other white shell/brown coating bird was introduced to the breeding program...

A cream egg points to an complete and utter failure and gross negligence in the breeding program where both the hen and the rooster that produced the offspring that is laying the cream egg were not true blue layers to start with, and that resulting bird can't be called a blue layer in any respect as it totally lacks the blue egg gene...

The short of it as I stated if verified true McMurray owes people refunds, if they want to later collect those refunds from their breeders after they pay the customers that is their business, we purchased from McMurray and thus they are the ones liable and responsible for the product they sold me not some anonymous breeder that they never properly vetted but decided to do business with, that is on them...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom