True Blue Whiting info please?

Pics
Mr. Whiting breeds a green and blue laying line, the fact that some here are reporting 'brown' shaded eggs means the gene pool was severely contaminated, as the only way to get a 'brown' egg would be multi-generation contamination that allows the recessive white shell gene to express, not to mention the brown contamination creating the green eggs...

McMurray falsely advertised and isn't selling what they advertised, no doubt about it...

I can't imagine trying to keep a multitude of breeds separated. Ive got right at 300 in a mixed flock. Ive got 4 Cx pushing a year old in a pen by themselves. Every now and again one of the other chickens will sneak past me into their pen.You'd think it would be easy to spot them ducking past you.

How old are these WTB's? Are there any other chickens with them. I was freaking out after all that I'd read in this thread. After 24 weeks, I believe the last of my 6 WTB's are laying all blue eggs. Most of them are extremely pale at this point. The one that has been laying the longest is now producing a very blue egg. It just took way longer than I had expected for these chickens to lay. Has anyone who has older WTB's had anything to say about them? I am curious. I was emailing McMurray about these birds andvthey told me to give them more time to lay. And low and behold they are making blue and pale bluish eggs within days of my queery. I really felt like a schmuck about it, but in my case, they were right. I hope your birds eventually work out for you!

Last edited:
I can't imagine trying to keep a multitude of breeds separated.

Agree, it's a bit of work to keep bird separate in a 'hobby farm' for some but if that is your business it's literally your single job to do so... And if you found a stow-away in a breeding pen every egg from that point to 30 days out should be immediately tossed...

As I said the issue we see with these birds and 'brown' eggs is not single whoops, it's a multi-generation oops and shows a complete failure of a breeding program...

I have small breeding pens that contain my breeding hens, pens that others birds can't sneak into this is what a legit breeding hatchery should do as well if they have multiple breeds...

Also big hatcheries like this almost always buy their eggs from local farms and incubate them to sell, thus their single farm sources can focus on a single breed...

Well like I said I'm definitely not getting all blue. 3/4 i got are laying blue and one is definite blue green. We will see as time passes if the colors change any.

Well today was able to see the new one laying is definitely one of the WTB.
I'm pretty happy myself over the color .
In picture below . The 2 on the left are from my EE and the last one in the right is from a WTB.

Back
Top Bottom