true texas a&m's

d1

Songster
10 Years
May 9, 2009
Saucier,Ms.
who raises them...........not the ones with the brown spots on them true all white pure bred a&m's

please pm

Not to be a smart @$$, but good luck with that.
lau.gif
(OK, maybe I am making fun of the question
hide.gif
)

If you do a search here on byc you will find that no one has any proof of an all white meat quail. Mine barely had a dot of black on the back of their head but they were all dark meat as far as I was concerned. (lighter than a pheasant, but not white meat like even a free range chicken)

Quote:
But...were they really all white on the inside? That is the real question
wink.png

I have tried searching online for old Texas A&M papers but have never found anything. They are advertised as such, but I was personally disappointed in the color of the meat. (still tasted great though)

So, has anyone ever experienced any white meat on the inside A&M's? All I hear are rumors and that A&M's are not what they used to be. What is "used to be"?

David

Well, my white feathered birds have very light skin. That may have lead to the white meat rumors.

Coturnix are coturnix are coturnix! They are not IMHO dark meat birds, by any stretch of my imagination however they are not bobwhites or all white meat butterball turkey breasts in those nifty plastic wrapers.
They are what they are, and nothing more!
They have an upside, and the downside is that people that only like bobs (only like bobs). That's just my opinion. There is a cost and time factor in play all the time with live food. Coturnix have a very small time/feed factor. Bobs have another, and chickens have another.

Quote:
But...were they really all white on the inside? That is the real question
wink.png

NO, even the final report issued by Texas A&M university stated they were "a lighter and more subtle flavored meat' than standard coturnix. It did not in any way state they were white meat bird. The 240lb all white meat coturnix quail is a chapter in "The Great White Quail" myth....

Back
Top Bottom