Try to buy your cans of PUMPKIN now

Actually it was our crappy weather last year that is affecting this years supply. So, that means that next years supply won't be much better. Its been a wet couple of years here in Illinois! And, yes, we are the largest pumpkin producing state in the Us.

Quote:
Yes Libby the biggest seller of canned pumpkin grows all of there stock on 1 farm in Ill and they got hammered this year. Those company's that grow in the northwest have experienced a great/better than normal harvest, so it sounds better than it may seem.

AL

We usually only find Libby's canned pumpkin in our stores, but last week, there was Stokely's brand canned pumpkin next to the Libby's. I thought that was odd. I bought one of each. Now I'm understanding why the Stokely's was there.

Quote:
Thanks for the offer, Kathleen. Anne probably won't need any more pumpkin until next year. I bet home-canned pumpkin would make excellent pies.

Anytime Joe!! And yes, it's yummy
tongue.png

Quote:
If you put on enough Ready Whip, you wont know the difference, heck ask my kids, the pie doesn't matter it how high you can stack the topping.
celebrate.gif

wow thanks for the heads up! that is one thing I am running low on in my pantry. BTW get enough to make my pumpkin and black bean soup recipe coming up next week on bean night thread!

Back
Top Bottom