Trying fermenting feed

You'll get the consistency down after awhile. I initially added way more water than necessary because I was so paranoid about the top being exposed to the air for even five minutes. It now gets thicker with every batch I do.

My girls love it, regardless but they do have to wipe their beaks a lot when it's sloppy wet :lol:

Well, this morning I strained it as best as I could, which wasn't much, and spooned out a bowlful of what looked mostly like thick soup. I took the bowl out to the girls. Who while I was out there didn't touch it. They mostly looked miffed about the overnight unexpected significant rainstorms. I'll go look later and see if they eat any of it.

I took the leftover bits, poured the liquid back in, and added more feed, I hope that's ok.

it might take them a few days to acquire the taste for it (as with any change of chicken diet); you could offer 2 bowls, 1 of the old food and 1 of the new while they transition.
I took the leftover bits, poured the liquid back in, and added more feed, I hope that's ok.
:thumbsup

I’m trying to ferment feed for the first time. Woke up this morning of day 3 to see this- has it gone bad?

Attachments

• 23E2BEBB-29EC-4E15-9ADA-B59FA5E8EBCB.png
    23E2BEBB-29EC-4E15-9ADA-B59FA5E8EBCB.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom