trying to find genealogy infomation

fosterchick

Songster
12 Years
Feb 4, 2007
East Hampton, Connecticut
I am trying to find out my father in law's, fathers history. My father in law want to know if his dad had any brothers or sisters. I have taken all the infomation he had on his dad. I did find some infomation on familysearch.org . I have his birthday, death day, where he is buried and I do know were he was born. I was able to find his parents names. My problem is that his dad was born in Hungary and died in the US. Like I said I know his parents name and know they had this child in Mako, Hungary in 1901. I cant find anymore infomation on them. Money is tight an don't have extra to pay of infomation. Does anyone know where I can look for any infomation on these two people. I have only looked on the internet. Its like they never lived. Thanks so much

Last edited:
You could contact the county where he died and ask if there are any wills on file that may shed some light on the rest of the family.

Other than that most of the info is going to be in Hungary. Start searching online for those that do genealogy in that area of Hungary that may be able to help you out by going to the local archives for you.

That is the problem I am having he died in Texas. That is where I got his parents names. There was no infomation on the dates of birth or where they were born or died. I went to hungary for 2 weeks this summer to visit the other side of the family. While there we tried to find some info and came home empty handed.

I have a paid subscription to ancestry.com. If you'll PM me some basic info on who you are looking for I can see what I can scrounge up in the next few days.

thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Thanks so much!!! I have sent you all the info that I have. I really cant tell you how much this will mean to my father in law. I hate it when families keep secrets and now over 75 years later we are trying to break it.

Back
Top Bottom