Trying to live on McDonalds Chicken Nuggets

I heard this on the news this morning and was shocked that this began at age two. I don't understand how a parent cannot control what their child eats at that age.

Maybe the girl was getting some vitamins from ketchup that she dipped the chicken nuggets in, because after about six months without vitamin C you get scurvy. I do not know how she went so long on that diet.

Nothing wrong with nuggets in the normal amount here in the US. Nuggets in the UK are made from reconstituted meat. Uga...

Ex girl friend around that age use to be addicted to mc-d fries an seemed to always be eating them. She grew out of it eventually.

Wow, it sounds like that 2 year old ruled the roost from the get-go. The story also makes me wonder what the child ate until 2 years old to not have learned to like a wide variety of foods by then. From the time they were little babies my kids sat on my lap at the table, eating little mushed bites of whatever the family was having.

I agree with the folks who said it's more of a parenting problem. A 2 yr old can't drive themselves to McDonalds and get chicken nuggets. As I learned with both my kids, no healthy child will starve themselves to death just to be stubborn. My older son went an entire day without eating when he was 2 trying to get his way, and he finally figured out that he wasn't going to win. My more stubborn younger son went a day and a half!

Anyone but me think its silly that people are outraged that a young girl ate chicken mc nuggets as her sole diet when there are thousands of young girls eating a sole diet of mud patties in Haiti and other countries? im sure its not a desirable diet but it certainly is not the most appalling . and Neglect isnt letting your child eat mcnuggets as a sole diet..True neglect is children starving all over the world and everyone being too occupied with the "outrageous" nugget girl to care.. Really guys , come one!

Who said we did not care about children starving in poor countries?

This is shocking because this 17-year-old girl lives in Great Britain, one of the most advanced countries on Earth. There are social services in Great Britain, as in the United States, to provide food to those who need it. But this girl for some reason only wanted to eat McDonalds chicken nuggets. I had never heard of someone almost starving themselves to death just because they refused to eat a variety of foods.

By the way, I don't think people eat mud pies in any country.

Back
Top Bottom