Trying to nip this in the bud.

Never Give Up...
nevergiveup.jpg

So I have decided to put out some traps, we'll see how it goes. If I catch anyting then i will post if not then I ask for more/new ideas.
You can easily make it worse if you do things wrong and teach them. Believe me I know how to screw things up.

Oh OK I will look there thx :thumbsup
No problem. If you’ve never done it the traps need to be boiled, and at least dipped or waxed. If not you run the risk of them digging them up. Leave any scent on the trap they’ll dig em up. You do everything right and sometimes they’ll still dig em up. Lol The easiest, cheapest and quickest is to shoot them if you can. Good luck. I have been humbled by quite a few coyotes and an occasional fox here and there. There’s always easy ones to catch then there’s some that I just couldn’t catch most likely due to my own mistakes.

I live in town, but we see coyotes occasionally. The word here is hazing, since we aren't allowed to shoot in town (nor could I) so shaking cans of rocks aor throwing stones near them but not at them are two or ghe recommended techniques. Noise and disturbance and hassle so they seek easier safer haunts. I know that's easier to say than actually do....but--we have successfully hazed a raccoon away: he started coming in the cat door to the house, so my husband stashed a wooden box outside the door. When coon came in he ran out and put the box over the cat door so coon would be trapped in it. Then I chased the coon out of the kitchen through the cat door into the box. Husband banged and hammered on that box and whooped for about two minutes straight. Then he turned the box to open it and the coon ran out never to return again! Not sure if you have a way you could lure a coyote into a similar trapped sitation, but it's worth thinking about if you haven't gotten relief yet.

Back
Top Bottom