Trying To Regulate My Incubator Please Help!!!

Barbedwirecat is right . If it is a wafer type loosen the wing nut and turn it clockwise to decrease the temperature. Allmychickens if you accidentally pull up or hold the top by the adjustment piece the temperature will change drastically. I too have a hovabator 1602n and found out the hard way. It will change if you bump it hard or drop the top too.

Quote:
Yes, I do have to adjust it with the wafer.
smile.png

This picture is a 2362n. It has the same wafer thermostat my sportsman had before I converted the sportsman to a digital thermostat.

IMG_3288.jpg

I have another one that the thermostat went bad and had to be replaced.
IMG_3296.jpg

Last edited:
i spent over a week adjusting the temperatures in both of my hovabators... i have the same one you do, and also the picture window version, both with wafer thermostats.

leave the wing nut loose until you get in the ballpark for the temp. when you're adjusting it, if it's more than a degree high or low, turn a full turn, give it a few hours to stabilize and check again. once you get close then i tighenned the wing nut and turn quarter turns, then fine tune with just a small bump each time.

i spent over a week adjusting the temps, and i don't have a problem with the thermometers that came with them, i just made sure they were correct, and used a fine point sharpie to mark the correct temp on the glass of the thermometer, since it's possible that the backing can move some. you can find digital thermometer hygrometers on ebay pretty regularly, for a lot less than you would pay locally...

Back
Top Bottom