TS/Hurricane Fay...we have to get ready..

Sounds like you're all doing what you can, good luck and keep us updated when you can.
Hurrican Juan was our biggie (Cat2 nearly 3) then the following winter 'White Juan' monster snowstorm. We know all about losing power long-term and what that entails.
Batten the hatches, may you and your feathered friend and other critters come through all right.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Well, we've not even had any rain yet! It looks like the wet bands may arrive soon but I think we've dodged a major bullet.

I hope folks won't get complacent after this! Schools closed two days in Lake and Orange counties...could certainly have had school today, but we'll see what the evening and morning bring.

Stay safe, everyone!

HollieWould, how did you fare?

Who in the he** knows what this thing is going to do now?? NOAA says probably become Hurricane strength in the Atlantic, then turn back west and go across north central Fl. into the gulf. That could spell disaster!!

Fay has been quite a slow-moving storm! We've been having squalls & gusty winds since Mon afternoon, still blowing now Tues night. Usually these storms are like the grasshoppers in the movie "A Bug's Life" -- it comes, it eats, it leaves. But not Fay, she's like a houseguest who can't take a hint to go.

And she's an awfully broad old broad, with wide-spread weather affecting almost the entire peninsula. I remember Charlie took a similar path a few years ago but he kept his rain bands much more closely contained. I remember being out in the sun on that day & thinking how strange, to think there was a hurricane damaging folks' property just on the other side of the state.

Did you hear that in Wellington, Fl, (Palm Beach County) last night there was a tornado that touched down on a equine clinic? It tore up and blew away a section of the stable -- and left the horse inside COMPLETELY UNTOUCHED!!!

Those of you in the north east part of FL need to be prepared, I think you're in for the worst. You'll be getting affects of Fay while she's traveling NE and then again when she makes her sharp left turn and passes by going NW.

I pray for your safety & well-being!

Back
Top Bottom