TSA wants to double security fee

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always am comforted to know that nobody else on the flight has any shampoo in their carry on.
lol.png

I don't like that idea at all! I dont mind being padded down when entering in a place like that but when it comes to exams that is only allowed by your physicians or OBs...they crossed the line!

It would be a very polite flight.
Sure, I would love to see a bunch a nut cases all packing heat on my next plane trip from Atlanta. What a comfort that would be. As for pilots being armed I believe that has already been instituted in some flights on some airlines and I do not have a problem with that.

As for the rest who find the TSA procedures too cumbersome for your tender mercies,.....walking is good exercise.

I always am comforted to know that nobody else on the flight has any shampoo in their carry on.
Would you feel the same way if the shampoo had anthrax or some other lethal virus? What is the big deal with just checking all bags and having no carry on? Flying is a convenience not a right! If you don't like security don.t fly. man has gotten along thousands of years without airplanes. I think memory fades over time, ask anyone who lived in NY after the attack how they feel. As someone who lost a family member that day we can't not be to carefull!

Would you feel the same way if the shampoo had anthrax or some other lethal virus? What is the big deal with just checking all bags and having no carry on? Flying is a convenience not a right! If you don't like security don.t fly. man has gotten along thousands of years without airplanes. I think memory fades over time, ask anyone who lived in NY after the attack how they feel. As someone who lost a family member that day we can't not be to carefull!

Totally agree. If you don't like the rules don't play the game.
old.gif

Totally agree. If you don't like the rules don't play the game.
old.gif
Sorry, but the rules change from day to day...It's not about sorting out the riff raff but controlling the masses, which has basically put the government and the people on opposite ends of the field.

Somehow, I just don't think Al Queada is looking to recruit some 80 year old invalid in a wheelchair or or a 4 year old who's still sucking his thumb.

Some of us are paranoid of a government which can take our rights away, and others are paranoid of an invisible boogeyman who can crash the particular airplane they want to ride on.

Last edited:
Sorry, but the rules change from day to day...It's not about sorting out the riff raff but controlling the masses, which has basically put the government and the people on opposite ends of the field.

Somehow, I just don't think Al Queada is looking to recruit some 80 year old invalid in a wheelchair or or a 4 year old who's still sucking his thumb.

Some of us are paranoid of a government which can take our rights away, and others are paranoid of an invisible boogeyman who can crash the particular airplane they want to ride on.

Are you going to keep derailing this thread ? What does that have to do with the fees ? If you don't like the price of flying don't fly.

Its not the flight its the security check that doesn't work and exposes you to harmful x-rays.

Last edited:
Its not the flight its the security check that doesn't work and exposes you to harmful x-rays.

Can you show your source that claims X-rays are harmful, please?

I'm as irritated as anyone by the every increasing restrictions on personal liberties but sometimes there's a real need. Every airport and aircraft security measure that's been introduced during all of the years that I've been travelling by air is, sadly, necessary. Each new measure has been a reaction to an attempt at sabotage or hijacking. Each new measure is followed by a new form of attack, and so on it goes.

There's no completely effective set of measure that can keep us safe at airports and in the air. Each journey involves a risk. However, I'm prepared to submit to the checks I'm asked to because they at least reduce the risk. Passengers, however well checked, carrying guns on a plane would be no comfort to me and the idea belongs in a movie rather than real life.

I fly long haul and have never seen one of those full and revealing body scanners. My hand baggage is x-rayed and I walk through a detector. If the detector sounds, I'm scanned with a hand held detector and may be politely patted down. Some types of shoe have to be removed and checked so I always wear slip-on sandal types. They don't have full body scanners in the UK, Middle East or Thailand to my certain knowledge. What is the reason for them to be used in the US when other countries don't find them necessary?

Picking up another point, killing all terrorists is both impossible and ineffective. There seems to be an infinite supply. Also, not all who would blow up a plane are terrorists. How do you eliminate the lone nutcase or blackmailer before he attempts to take over or bring down a plane other than by tight security?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom