TSC baby not doing well

Save a chick directions says 0.25 oz/gal.
Nutri-Drench directions says 0.25 fl oz/gal.

Do half of those each per gallon of water and let all the chicks drink from it (in case the sick chick drinks, won't hurt nobody) and give the sick chick some of that water via a dropper.

Save a chick directions says 0.25 oz/gal.
Nutri-Drench directions says 0.25 fl oz/gal.

Do half of those each per gallon of water and let all the chicks drink from it (in case the sick chick drinks, won't hurt nobody) and give the sick chick some of that water via a dropper.
Perfect, I just put some of the Nutri drench on her beak, she opened and closed her beak, so I know she got a bit in her system. I'm using a little, less them a gallon waterer, Its actually a jar, spun into a waterer top, so I don't know the exact dosage. I've always just done a sprinkle of the Save-A-chick, and a few drops of Nutri drench, though It wouldn't hurt to find exact dosage.

Sounds like your dosing too lightly.

This says a packet does 1 gallon. So put half a packet of save a chick per gallon and then add 0.125 fl oz (0.75 teaspoons) of nutri-drench per gallon of water. That is 50/50.

Sounds like your dosing too lightly.

This says a packet does 1 gallon. So put half a packet of save a chick per gallon and then add 0.125 fl oz (0.75 teaspoons) of nutri-drench per gallon of water. That is 50/50.
I don't have a gallon waterer. I'm using a medium sized jar, screwed into a metal waterer top. I know the jar is less then a gallon, 2 cups of water maybe? I'll actually have to measure the amount of water in the waterer tomorrow. Then I can get a correct dosage, based on the information above.
Thank you!

I don't have a gallon waterer. I'm using a medium sized jar, screwed into a metal waterer top. I know the jar is less then a gallon, 2 cups of water maybe? I'll actually have to measure the amount of water in the waterer tomorrow. Then I can get a correct dosage, based on the information above.
Thank you!

It's probably a mason jar of some kind if it screws into the metal waterer. If it goes mostly straight up it's a pint (2 cups), if it flares out from the neck before going up a bit then it's a quart (4 cups).

Do you have a syringe? I find them to be extremely helpful for giving stuff like that to chicks. You just press it enough to form a droplet and touch to the chick's beak and they drink it. Just don't point it at them while you're trying to squeeze in case you push too hard.

It's probably a mason jar of some kind if it screws into the metal waterer. If it goes mostly straight up it's a pint (2 cups), if it flares out from the neck before going up a bit then it's a quart (4 cups).

Do you have a syringe? I find them to be extremely helpful for giving stuff like that to chicks. You just press it enough to form a droplet and touch to the chick's beak and they drink it. Just don't point it at them while you're trying to squeeze in case you push too hard.
Yes, plenty of older hens around here, so plenty of sick older hens in need of syringes! ;)
I'll have to do that tomorrow, thank you!
Its a smaller jar, not the tiny ones, but one like this-
1619241047477.png

But not super tiny. I'll have to figure the measurement out tomorrow. :p Its definitely not super big.

Thanks for all the tips! Poor little baby is gonna need all the help she can get. I'll tell you how she does, and will start to give her extra care tomorrow. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom