TSC is having a sale--what kind of feed do I buy?

miss_thenorth

Songster
12 Years
Dec 28, 2007
SW Ont, Canada
Ok, 25% off is a big deal to me, and even though my meat chicks aren't here yet, at that sale price, I am going to stock up on feed. What wil my meat chickens need to be eating --in case no one there knows about chickens, or they busy. (b/c this is my first time) Also, will they need anything to be put in their water?

edited b/c laptops and I don't get along, and the cursor moves on me

Last edited:
chicks begin with starter/grower, after that Ive heard some mixed responses but if you go to the learning page there is info on feed, what kind of birds will you have, how long is the sale going to last?

Sale is this weekend only. It is a friends and family sale, my sil works there yay!!!

Oh and thanks about the learning pages--didn't know they existed (or maybe I forgot)
Thanks

I started mine (Freedom Rangers) on the 28% gamebird feed, but I'm not sure TSC carries that. They did have 24% when I went yesterday. Had them on 28% until the feedstore stopped carrying it, then went down to 20% after 7 weeks and they were just fine. I didn't add anything to their water.

I started my meat birds on the Dumor 24% poultry starter from TSC. I just switched to broiler grower/finisher from the feed mill because it's cheaper. I don't think TSC carries anything for water suppliments. I'm using Broiler Booster from McMurray, and I've only lost one (of 22,) and had no other problems.

Back
Top Bottom