TSC Mixed Red Pullets

littlelakelife

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 15, 2014
Hello everyone. This is my first post. I tried to post in the welcome forum once, but it didn't seem to post from my phone. Thanks for having me, this is my first time w/ chickens and I have been reading a ton on this site. Very helpful.

I have 5 chicks. They are "mixed red pullets" from TSC. They are around 2 weeks old. One is developing much faster than the others in terms of size and feathers. She's not first to the food or more assertive than the others in any way.

Here is the best pic I can seem to get:

Any thoughts? Different breed?

Thanks for looking!

Hello everyone. This is my first post. I tried to post in the welcome forum once, but it didn't seem to post from my phone. Thanks for having me, this is my first time w/ chickens and I have been reading a ton on this site. Very helpful.

I have 5 chicks. They are "mixed red pullets" from TSC. They are around 2 weeks old. One is developing much faster than the others in terms of size and feathers. She's not first to the food or more assertive than the others in any way.

Here is the best pic I can seem to get:

Any thoughts? Different breed?

Thanks for looking!

Hello and :welcome. It would be easier if you could take pictures with the red light off. It's very hard to distinguish color with those lights. :cd

Good call. These little buggers are hard to take pics of. Here's a shot of the big one:

And here's one of her next to another:

Thanks! :)

They are all hybrids with various breeds in the lineage. Emphasis is on egg production, not conforming to breed standards. Some will be mostly white with a bit of red, some will be mostly red with a bit of white. There are a ton of cute names given to the blends like Amberlink, Tetratint, Cinnamon Queen, golden sexlink, red sexlink... Impossible to say which blend they are until feathered. Getting a cockerel from the red pullet bin is a rare event, if that's what you're worried about. They do tend to mature quickly thanks to hybrid vigor.

Last edited:
Cool, thanks for the input. I have never had chickens before and found it curious that one seemed be surpassing the others in strides w/ wing, feather, and general development. It doesn't look as apparent in these pics as it does when we are staring at them. :)
Oh well- all I care about is having healthy happy egg layin' hens!

Back
Top Bottom