Tsc sexing?

Does anyone know if tractor supply sexes their chickens? I would love to get a couple female easter eggers but dont wanna have to deal with getting all males or something id be so upset.
They buy sexed pullets (young females) from a hatchery. Problem is when they get to the store, often times the different breeds and genders are mixed in the wrong bins. TSC unfortunately is quite famous for this. You’re better off buying directly from a hatchery.😊

Does anyone know if tractor supply sexes their chickens? I would love to get a couple female easter eggers but dont wanna have to deal with getting all males or something id be so upset.
Tsc orders their chick's from a hatchery so if they are properly sexed at the hatchery, then you may get pullets. It's not 100% accurate. TSC always gets blamed for inaccuracies but they do not do the sexing. They have been known to mix up breeds in the bins, as I have often read.

Okay thank you im orderong from murry mcmurry but they call their easter eggers amerucana and so i just wasnt sure if they were good or not.
Do you know if murry mcmurry has good easter eggers?
They are fine birds. But they are Easter Eggers. They will argue that they are not but it doesn’t really matter.😊
Would only be an issue if you were showing them or expecting to breed Ameraucana from them.😊
https://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/ameraucanas.html
The ones in the link above are labled Ameraucanas, but they are Easter Eggers.

Easter eggers are not considered a real "breed". Ameraucanas, are harder to find, but are considered a breed. Ameraucanas and other colored-egg laying birds are used to make EE's.

EE's could lay anything from blues and greens to browns and pinks, while Ameraucanas only lay blue/green eggs.

Another way you could tell if a bird is an Ameraucana or an Easter Egger is if the bird has slate colored legs; Pure Ameraucanas have slate legs. Pure Ameraucana's also have a pea comb. The APA recognizes the Ameraucana in only the following colors: Black, Blue, Blue Wheaten, Brown Red, Silver, Wheaten, and White.

@EmmaRainboe will be able to explain the differences much better ;).

Last edited:
Murray McMurray, Meyer and Cackle are all hatcheries I have used and have had good results. Even a hatchery can only promise about 90% accuracy when they sex their chicks. So approximately 1 in 10 will be male. 😊

Back
Top Bottom