Tube feeding question

Try it for a day and see if she will start to eat her feed.
So today at 6ish I made them another batch of feed! And Clare ate a little on her own! She was mainly eating the mealworms but she ate some feed too! Thought I would report this good news to you!šŸ˜

It's a start good new for sure. Have you thought that maybe you might cut back on any threats you are offering just till she is eating her feed better?

It's a start good new for sure. Have you thought that maybe you might cut back on any threats you are offering just till she is eating her feed better?
Hey sorry for the late reply!! What do you mean by threats? Like probable causes of why sheā€™s not eating? She is doing well today, it was rainy so she was digging around a lot and got all messy but sheā€™s good, she hasnā€™t eaten anything, but we tube fed her once today so far.

What besides her feed are you giving her I know you said mealworms. I was just wondering if you cut out everything but her feed if she might start back eating it again.

What besides her feed are you giving her I know you said mealworms. I was just wondering if you cut out everything but her feed if she might start back eating it again.
Oooh okay I see, yeah I mean I give her mealworms every now But not too often, and then we let her forge so she gets like earth worms and bugs, do you think we shouldnā€™t let her forge? And ofc were tube feeding. What do you think we should limit/stop feeding her šŸ§. Itā€™s kinda weird because she almost acts normal now, sheā€™s a little slower than her sisters but she quacks and is sassy as always but she just wonā€™t eat her food, today my brother was just thinking maybe because we changed the food when she got sick she isnā€™t used to it, because before we have pellets but now we have crumble.

I can't think she would be getting enough in her foraging to make her not want to eat her feed. Unless you have an abundance of earth worms and other critters she could eat. Mine have full access to a little over a half acre and they still eat a lot of feed. Do you have any pellets to test out what your brother is thinking?
Have you gone a whole day not tubing her?

I can't think she would be getting enough in her foraging to make her not want to eat her feed. Unless you have an abundance of earth worms and other critters she could eat. Mine have full access to a little over a half acre and they still eat a lot of feed. Do you have any pellets to test out what your brother is thinking?
Have you gone a whole day not tubing her?
Mm yeah thatā€™s what I was thinking and her sisters are still eating. Yes I believe we do! I can test it out tomorrow! They are layer pellets tho, so you think just a little would hurt her? I was thinking if she liked those pellets we could go get non layer pellets for them! We have not gone a full day with out tube feeding, but today was the least we have fed her, only feeding her once, at 4. I donā€™t think she ate any feed today.

Since you are seeing her acting much better other than the eating her feed why not just skip tonights feeding and see how she does tomorrow. If she hasn't eaten by noon then tube feed her I wish I knew what else you could do but I don't. They do make pellets in an all flock feed so if she likes pellets better you have that. And why wouldn't you want her to eat layer?

Since you are seeing her acting much better other than the eating her feed why not just skip tonights feeding and see how she does tomorrow. If she hasn't eaten by noon then tube feed her I wish I knew what else you could do but I don't. They do make pellets in an all flock feed so if she likes pellets better you have that. And why wouldn't you want her to eat layer?
okay sounds like a plan! Thankyou, no thatā€™s ok. Oh well someone told me to stop feeding her the layer feed because she could have a possible problem with calcium, like a buildup or somthing, so they said to get off of the layer feed. At least thatā€™s what they said for the tube feeding, to get all flock crumble.

Back
Top Bottom