Tube feeding question

So she isn't preening? Do you have her inside or is she staying in the coop. Adding some protein can help her feathers but a good molt will do the best at getting her feathers in shape. So she isn't acting depressed like she has given up on life.
I have 3 Buffs 2 will be 8 end of April one is 4 yrs old.
IMG_8485.jpeg

This is her now, I think her eyes are a little better after bathing:) she’s still upset at me for all the tubfeeding 😭😂
Even tho she is sick of some sort she still has vigor.

So she isn't preening? Do you have her inside or is she staying in the coop. Adding some protein can help her feathers but a good molt will do the best at getting her feathers in shape. So she isn't acting depressed like she has given up on life.
I have 3 Buffs 2 will be 8 end of April one is 4 yrs old.
Hello! So she just pooped something out and it looks really weird do you know what this is? Maybe this has been why she was sick?!
IMG_8486.jpeg

Last edited:
That is a good sign, Hopefully hunger will come just keep it where she can have access and keep tube feeding if she doesn't start. What do think do you feel it is time to say goodby or give her more time?

That is a good sign, Hopefully hunger will come just keep it where she can have access and keep tube feeding if she doesn't start. What do think do you feel it is time to say goodby or give her more time?
Yeah I thought so too! Okay sounds good. Oh, I never really thought of saying goodbye yet. I think we will try to do all we can:)

I think that is a good choice, sure sounds like she isn't ready to say goodbye either.
Keep me updated.
So Clare still isn’t eating and she didn’t eat the mush, she eats grass earth worms and meal worms. But won’t eat feed, do you think two tube feeds a day will be sufficient, we feed her around 50-60 ml a tube.

So Clare still isn’t eating and she didn’t eat the mush, she eats grass earth worms and meal worms. But won’t eat feed, do you think two tube feeds a day will be sufficient, we feed her around 50-60 ml a tube.
Try it for a day and see if she will start to eat her feed.

Back
Top Bottom